Honouring the Sacred Journey that is Dying and Death
Dying and death are unknown frontiers, that we all have to face eventually, so why not utilise expertise to make the transition one of your own design. Decide how you wish to be celebrated, supported, and guided through your dying experience, whether your own, a family member. This is the dignity of choosing your peace filled way of transition.
At Spiritual Palliative Care, the focus is on addressing the spiritual and/or emotional aspects of your experience so that you can know as much peace on your end journey as possible. That includes the following and much more :
- Creating an End of Life Plan
- Assisting you carry out your End of Life Plan
- Sitting vigil with you as your journey some to its end
- Providing you with counsel to address any spiritual and/or emotional issues
- Assisting you create a Legacy Document for your loved ones through the Dignity Therapy Service
These are just some of the services that can be supplied, depending on your particular needs and desires.
What is Palliative Care? The World Health Organisation provides the following definition :
“Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problems associated with life-threatening illness, through the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual.”